What are the signs and symptoms of nail infection?
Nail infection can cause permanent deformity of the nail that can interfere with being able to wear shoes, interfere with walking, and interfere with sports or other activities.
Infected nails often have one or more of the following signs that may be unsightly:
- Yellow Streaks in the skin under the nail (nail bed) and on the underside of the nail.
- Build up of bits and pieces of skin and nail fragments under the nail.
- Discolored and thickened nail that may separate from the skin under the nail.
- Brittle, broken, and thickened nail.
- White spots or streaks on the nail surface.
- Soft and powdery nail surface (as the infection worsens).
- Damaged, crumbly, and brown or gray nail surface (with no separation of the nail from the underlying skin).
What are the causes of nail infection?
Nail infections are usually caused by fungi (including yeasts and molds). Most fungal nail infections are caused by a group of fungi called dermatophytes, which means “skin plants” in Greek. The most common fungi that causes nail infection disease in animals and humans are Trichophyton rebrum, Trichophyton mentagrophyte, and Candida Albicans.
These fungi can live on the layer of dead skin around your nails, in the space under your nail, and in the nail itself.
Treatments for infected nails include:
- Oral Drugs (taken by mouth and swallowed).
- Topical Drugs (applied to the surface of the nail and skin).
- Laser Treatment.
What is HyperBlue 1530 laser treatment for toe nail infection?
The HyperBlue 1530 Foot Laser sends invisible laser energy into and through the nail and/or surrounding skin that is absorbed by the pigment in the fungal organisms. When the laser light is absorbed it causes the pigment in the organisms to heat and this heat damages or kills the fungal organisms. If all of the fungal organisms are killed, your toenail could grow out normally.
Treatment of all of your nails will usually take about 20 minutes. Most patients only feel warmth during treatment without pain.
The HyperBlue 1530 is the latest technology available for the treatment of unsightly toe nail infection with high success rates during clinical trials.
- Safe, painless treatment
- No side effects or drugs
- No liver enzyme test required
- No recovery time, just walk in and walk out
- Minimal treatment times